2023 PSAT Exam
Sign up in Student Services by September 14, 2023
Test Date: October 25, 2023
Test Fee: 18 – Must be paid when you sign up
*Checks payable to MPCHS*
See Kelli if you have any questions.
The PSAT/NMSQT® (or Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test) is, as the title suggests, a preliminary version of the SAT.
Not only does the PSAT help prepare students to take the SAT or ACT, the great thing about the PSAT is that a high score can also open the door to National Merit Scholarships and other awards. With $180 million dollars in scholarships awarded to students who achieve high scores on the PSAT, how you perform on this exam can help you earn scholarship dollars that change the direction of your college planning.
The PSAT is 2 hours and 45 minutes long and tests your skills in Reading, Writing, and Math. The highest score possible on the PSAT is 1520.
The PSAT/NMSQT is highly relevant to your future success because they focus on the skills and knowledge at the heart of education.
- You can take the PSAT only once a year.
- The test is given in October every year.
- Students can take the PSAT in both the 10th and 11th grades.
- Only your junior year scores will count towards the National Merit Scholarship Program.
- Sophomores can take the PSAT but will not qualify for scholarships. They MUST retake the PSAT during their junior year.
- What you learn in high school
- What you need to succeed in college
How do I take the PSAT ?
The PSAT is offered once a year in mid October.
Students are required to sign up for the exam in September.
Testing Fee is $ 18.00
For more information about taking the PSAT see Kelli in the Guidance Office.
FREE Practice PSAT- Learning Express Library